Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas in Ethiopian Spices
1 head of cauliflower
1 can of chickpeas
3-4 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Berbere
1 tablespoon Ird
1 tablespoon Afrenje
2 teaspoons Senafitch
1 teaspoon Matafecha
3 tablespoons Niter Kibbeh
Sea salt to taste
Rinse and drain the chickpeas thoroughly. Use a paper or dish towel to pat them dry. Too much remaining liquid will stop the chickpeas from getting crispy. Cut the head of cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the cauliflower and chickpeas with oil, adding in spices until the florets and chickpeas are thoroughly coated
- Spread the contents of the bowl evenly onto a baking sheet, and place small scoops of Niter Kibbeh on top of the cauliflower and chickpeas until you have used all of the 3 tablespoons.
- Transfer the baking sheet to your preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until crispy.
- Add salt to taste and enjoy!
Serves: 2-3 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in RECIPES
As with many of our recipes, this one is highly customizable and super simple, healthy and YUM! We suggest the best ghee to choose for this recipe below.
- Firm Bananas (not super green, but firm)
- Ghee of choice ....
Many folks think that ghee is too heavy for summer and to this we say "NAY!" Ghee is cooling, sweet and grounding and, by nature, that works super well for summer!