Ginger Lemon Tea to fire up Digestion!
Recipe by Rianne Chittenden
Over-eat? Feeling dull and sluggish? Simple want something to warm you up? This fresh ginger lemon tea will surely bring the heat to your digestive organs. It definitely has a kick to it so if it's too much just add more water until it's diluted to your preferred taste.
2 cups water
About 2-3 inches fresh ginger root
Squeeze lemon to your taste
Pinch pink Himalayan salt
*optional ~½ tsp raw honey
1. Bring water to low simmer
2. Peel and dice ginger into dime size pieces (should be about 15-20 pieces)
3. Add ginger to water and low simmer for about 10-15 minutes
4. Strain into tea cup
5. Add pinch of pink Himalayan salt and squeeze of lemon
6. If adding honey, add once tea is at drinkable temperature (cooked honey is extremely difficult for the body to digest)
7. This tea can save up to 2 days in the fridge so feel free to make a big batch to last a couple of days if desired!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.