RECIPE: Baked Sweet Potato with Ghee and Hemp Hearts
Recipe and Photo by Rianne Chittenden
Simply plan ahead for the baking time and there is minimal effort on your part for this easy and complete meal (sweet potato=carb, hemp hearts=protein, ghee=fat). This can be breakfast or dinner depending on whether you use sweet or savory ghee!
1 medium-large sweet potato
1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
*option to add any other seeds you like for flavor, I love toasted pumpkin seeds!
Sprinkle Pink Himalayan Salt
*when I’m really busy, I’ll bake two and have my breakfast and dinner ready for the day! If you're thinking where's the veg for my dinner, just roughly chop a firm vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, green beans, you get the jist), coat with ghee and add it to the oven with about 15-20minutes left:).
- Preheat oven to 425℉
- Scrub the skins of the sweet potato to remove any grit
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Poke a couple of holes in the sweet potato with a fork and cut in half
- Coat sweet potato with ghee of choice (this makes the skin crisp up and have more flavor)
- Put in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until sweet potato is soft enough for a fork to slide right through
- Transfer the sweet potato to plate or bowl of choice
- I like to take the parchment paper and funnel it over the sweet potato to catch any ghee that dripped off!
- Top with salt, hemp hearts and any other seeds you may like