Recipe and Photo by Rianne Chittenden
Simply plan ahead for the baking time and there is minimal effort on your part for this easy and complete meal (sweet potato=carb, hemp hearts=protein, ghee=fat). This can be breakfast or dinner depending on whether you use sweet or savory ghee!
1 medium-large sweet potato
1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
*option to add any other seeds you like for flavor, I love toasted pumpkin seeds!
Sprinkle Pink Himalayan Salt
*when I’m really busy, I’ll bake two and have my breakfast and dinner ready for the day! If you're thinking where's the veg for my dinner, just roughly chop a firm vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, green beans, you get the jist), coat with ghee and add it to the oven with about 15-20minutes left:).
- Preheat oven to 425℉
- Scrub the skins of the sweet potato to remove any grit
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Poke a couple of holes in the sweet potato with a fork and cut in half
- Coat sweet potato with ghee of choice (this makes the skin crisp up and have more flavor)
- Put in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until sweet potato is soft enough for a fork to slide right through
- Transfer the sweet potato to plate or bowl of choice
- I like to take the parchment paper and funnel it over the sweet potato to catch any ghee that dripped off!
- Top with salt, hemp hearts and any other seeds you may like