Certified Animal Welfare Approved
by A Greener World
- Acknowledged by Consumer Reports as the only “highly meaningful” food label for farm animal welfare, outdoor access and sustainability and the only “excellent” food label for animal welfare and verification.
- The only truly pasture-based welfare label: no cages, crates or feedlots. Not even Certified Organic can offer this assurance.
- Rated as having the highest impact on consumer purchasing of ANY food label by industry leading research firm, The Hartman Group.
- Ranked one of the Top 5 fastest-growing certifications and label claims, according to SPINS, the leading information and service provider for the natural and specialty products industry.
- Certifies only independent farms: AGW has no financial incentive in certification, resulting in an unrivaled level of independence in auditing.
- Acclaimed as “The Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval for farm animals” by the Wall Street Journal.
- The only certifier in the U.S. to ensure audited, high-welfare animal management and slaughter or dairy harvest.
- Certified by A Greener World, the only farm certifier in North America backed by the ISO/IEC17065 International Accreditation, demonstrating excellence in auditing and certifying.
- Meat, dairy and eggs from animals raised outdoors on pasture or range have known benefits for our health and the environment.
- A mark of quality: Nearly one in five of the top 100 U.S. restaurants listed in recent Opinionated About Dining national restaurant surveys proudly serve Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW products.
- No added hormones or sub-therapeutic antibiotics: Our standards promote and guarantee responsible farming practices.
- Meaningful animal welfare standards: No teeth clipping, tail docking, dehorning or beak trimming—all common industrial practices.
- Transparent and independent: Standards, policies and procedures are all publicly available.
- Free consumer resources: Our Food Labels Exposed guide explains over 100 common food label claims, and our online directory features thousands of farms and products.
- AGW engages and informs through active social media platforms, a quarterly magazine, blog posts and monthly e-newsletters.
A Greener World (AGW) identifies, audits, certifies and promotes practical, sustainable farming systems by supporting farmers and ranchers and informing consumers. AGW’s growing family of trusted certifications includes Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW, Certified Grassfed by AGW, Salmon Welfare Certified by AGW and Certified Non-GMO by AGW. Each program is designed to have positive and measurable impacts on the environment, society and animals, and to encourage truly sustainable farming practices. AGW’s standards and procedures are robust, transparent and achievable.